Inklings Audiophiles and readers of classic Christian theology will love the Cyber Monday bundles at ChristianAudio.com. They have $15 three-pack of unabridged audiobooks, including:
- The Lord of the Rings trilogy read by Rob Inglis
- C.S. Lewis’ Space Trilogy read by Geoffrey Howard (= Ralph Cosham)–note that http://www.ChristianBook.com has the trilogy omnibus edition for $11.99 on sale
- A three-pack Bible Bundle
- A Devotional bundle with Bonhoeffer‘s Life Together read by Paul Michael, J.I. Packer’s Knowing God read by Simon Vance, and A.W. Tozer’s The Knowledge of the Holy, read by Scott Brick
- Each month Christian Audio offers a free audiobook, and this month’s free book is Foxe’s Book of Martyrs, read by the rich voice of Nadia May
- If you follow this link, there are a number of Christian classics for sale:
- John Bunyan’s The Pilgrim’s Progress, read by Nadia May
- St. Augustine’ Confessions, read by Simon Vance
- Andrew Murray’s Absolute Surrender, read by Simon Vance
- Charles Spurgeon’s Morning and Evening, read by James Adams
- John Owen’s Of the Mortification of Sin in Believers, read by Tom Parks
- Jonathan Edwards’ The Religious Affections, read by Simon Vance
All male authors, except a husband-wife combo in one of the other bundles, but this is to be expected by the way Christian Audio curates their materials. Still, the list of readers is impressive. Nadia May I have praised, Scott Brick has done dozens of the most important fantasy work, Simon Vance does dozens of theology books and, with Geoffrey Howard, is a critical reader of C.S. Lewis’ work, and Rob Inglis gives a classic LOTR reading (which I have yet to listen through, but may next summer).
I assume the sale ends Monday night, though they have a 50% off “Cyber Week Sale,” so take a look. All prices are American and shipping is limited outside the U.S. and Canada.