A lecture series is a great way to discover a new area, to deepen knowledge in our areas of concentration, or to reboot a reading project. Over a season of painting houses I used iTunesU and some other lecture resources as I was exploring a new research area.
One of these great resources in Regent College Audio. In turning their classes into audio lecture series, Regent introduces us to intelligent, thought-provoking, and vibrant theological discussions from Regent College faculty and key leaders within the global Christian community. If you can’t get to the Vancouver campus, or you are not ready to begin a Masters degree, you can still get the same high-quality education by MP3.
Regent College classes are little bit pricey, but the lectures go on sale for interested self-educators from time to time. This month there are some Inklings-related titles readers of A Pilgrim in Narnia might be interested in.
- I was particularly impressed to see that Dr. Loren Wilkinson was teaching a class on Charles Williams. Are there many of those full graduate classes on Williams kicking around? I don’t think so. (Discount Code: 30DAYS-14)
- On Day 13 there is Michael Ward’s lectures on Theology in the Imagination of C.S. Lewis. (Discount Code: 30DAYS-13)
- On day 14 Crystal Downing’s class on postmodernism is Inklings informed (I have listened to that lecture series and read the book). (Discount Code: 30DAYS-14)
- And there is Alister McGrath’s apologetics class, plus a few others. (Discount Code: 30DAYS-14)
- Maxine Hancock, “Jesus in Literature” (Discount Code: 30DAYS-15)
- And on Day 11, one of Ralph Wood’s classes on Tolkien. (Discount Code: 30DAYS-11)–this sale ends tonight!
- There are also Laing lectures scattered throughout the month for those interested in Christianity and Culture.
There may be more announced as the month goes on, but these sales or only for 5 days (so time is ticking).