Inklings Audiophiles and readers of classic Christian theology will love the Cyber Monday bundles at ChristianAudio.com. They have $15 three-pack of unabridged audiobooks, including:
- The Lord of the Rings trilogy read by Rob Inglis
- C.S. Lewis’ Space Trilogy read by Geoffrey Howard (= Ralph Cosham)–note that http://www.ChristianBook.com has the trilogy omnibus edition for $8.99 on Cyber Monday
- A Reformed theology pack including Richard Baxter’s The Reformed Pastor read by Simon Vance, and Calvin’s Institutes and an edited The Legacy of Luther, both read by Bob Souer
- A Puritan bundle with John Owen’s Of the Mortification of Sin in Believers read by Tom Parks, Bunyan’s Pilgrim’s Progress read by the brilliant Nadia May, and Jonathan Edwards’ The Religious Affections read by, again, Simon Vance
- A Classic theology bundle with Foxe’s Book of Martyrs read by Nadia May–which I have listened to–and two books read by Simon Vance: Augustine’s Confessions and G.K. Chesterton’s Orthodoxy
- A Devotional bundle with Bonhoeffer‘s Life Together read by Paul Michael, J.I. Packer’s Knowing God read by Simon Vance, and A.W. Tozer’s The Knowledge of the Holy, read by Scott Brick
All male authors, except a husband-wife combo in one of the other bundles, but this is to be expected by the way Christian Audio curates their materials. Still, the list of readers is impressive. Nadia May I have praised, Scott Brick has done dozens of the most important fantasy work, Simon Vance does dozens of theology books and, with Geoffrey Howard, is a critical reader of C.S. Lewis’ work, and Rob Inglis gives a classic LOTR reading.
I assume the sale ends Monday night, though they have a 50% off “Cyber Week Sale,” so take a look. All prices are American and shipping is limited outside the U.S. and Canada.