Here is a Friday Feature post for all those who find themselves without a full library at their disposal. The article “You’re a Researcher Without a Library: What Do You Do?” is what you need. You might be:
- a distance education student;
- a student or faculty member at a school with slim library resources;
- a researcher on sabbatical;
- a study abroad student needing resources;
- someone studying English topics in a non-English university;
- an independent researcher; or
- a curious lover of history, literature, culture, or religion who would like to know more.
In any case, Jake Orlowitz, head of @WikiLibrary, has gathered a huge resource list of possibilities for the researcher stretching for academic sources. A lot of this you will learn after some time in the independent researcher hinterlands, but there are things I hadn’t considered or didn’t know about on this list. The list even includes things you need Harry’s invisibility cloak to find, so beware, and Happy Friday!